Monday, August 22, 2011

Hurricanes suck!

It is no wonder people don't prepare for hurricanes. It's coming. It's not coming. It'll be a cat 1. It'll be a cat 3.
After you have boarded up a few times, only to have the storm miss, you really just can't get up the energy to do it again. I should be going to the store for water and canned food. I should go start the generator, just to see. If it doesn't start there is still time to clean the carb. I should go make sure I know where the bolts for the windows are. Instead I sit here typing, in the ac, where it is cool.
Today at work an employee had a ton of questions. She has not lived in Florida for a storm.
What do I do?
When will they tell us to board up, they won't wait till the last minute will they?
And on the questions went. She wanted to know how we could be talking about it but no one seemed concerned. I tried to explain, but we were busy. Also, it is kind of hard. My first thought was "how can you not know this?" because after living here for 39 years it is just ingrained. Until they actually issue a Warning, there is too much uncertainty.
So, Irene, coming or going?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment